Thursday, March 6, 2008

Climbing

the climbing wall finally opened, it's good but kinda small. climbed for about 4 hours yesterday with Tex and Cara, then got pissed and shot the shit for a while. I've been carrying my climbing gear around with me, it's probably a good thing that there's no wall at ROC. I'm still amazed how much they drink here, although most of the cheap beer isn't all that bad - much better than genny light. there are so many foreigners living in parnell that I haven't met that many kiwis, but I'm working on it, joined a kayak club and a climbing club to that end.

started running again, still pretty short stuff, but I'm getting back into it. that the pedestrians have to yeild to traffic is still triping me out. It's really easy to tell who the foreigners are when they cross the street - we're the ones swiveling our heads back and forth trying to figure out which way the traffic is coming from.

Classes are sounding really good. Philosophy is a huge class, but the material should be a good intro to the take five program that I'll be doing next year. Antarctica is totally online, there is no formal lecture, just a question and answer session, so I'll have to stay up on that, I imagine that I'll have the tendancy to put it off and say - write a blog or some other such nonsense. The ecology classes are gonna be sweet, the kids in marine ecology seem like tools (frat boys) but the ones in freshwater are cool, and the topics seem really sweet, not to mention the field trips, and the profs are great.

it is really weird to not have a meal plan, having to cook every meal for myself is a lot to think about, I feel like I've been eating a lot, but I've still been really hungry, maybe it's just the stress of being in a new place.

No comments: