Friday, April 4, 2008

Fire, Ice and Computers

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Frost was clearly wrong on both accounts - the world ends when you spill water on your computer. Especially when it happens the week before everything is due and you didn't email any of the papers to yourself. On that note - I was pretty sure that the world ended last night, turns out it was just a slight pause, surprising how similar they feel sometimes. After a night of air-drying and a hair dryer (which was actually too hot and ended up melting my 'delete' key), I realised that the world was still in working order. The offending water bottle ended up across the room and most of its contents are currently discoloring my wall. It was a long night.

No comments: